Saturday, November 27, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

There is actually a hint of sarcasm in the title of this post! We cram a lot of celebrating into 2 weeks this time of year. Lucy, Grace, and Andrew's birthdays all occur between November 19th and December 3rd, with Thanksgiving squished in the middle. We didn't plan it that way! Who in their right mind would? Part of the craziness comes from our (or should I say my) addiction to Cake Boss. I decided to make the girls birthday cakes and boy was that a task. Why? Because even the kids are addicted to watching Cake Boss. Grace had very high expectations for her cake; three tier cake, princess and prince on top, just the perfect shade of red fondant--whoa! She was probably somewhat disappointed. What can I say? It was only the 2nd time I've tried to use fondant. The first being Lucy's cake. But if you need a good recipe for marshmallow fondant, I've got it. It is fairly easy but most important, it tastes pretty darn yummy. The problem with me is that I am quite the food critic and I am especially hard on my own food creations. I'm thinking Costco cake sounds pretty good for Andrew's birthday.
This is Lucy's "buggie" cake. She loves bugs and wants to watch them every morning, so I thought this cake would be appropriate.
Lucy is almost poetry in motion as she devours her "buggie" cake.
Grace's lovely red cake with the Prince and Princess.
Grace getting a little unwanted help opening her "princess" gifts.

3 comments:

  1. Your cakes are beautiful! And I love the picture of Andrew and Lucy opening Grace's presents. You can tell she isn't quite happy about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Gracie's face on the last picture, reminds me of Kenzie. Your cakes look adorable. And this is coming from someone who is also obsessed with Cake Boss. :) Your family picture looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I'm impressed. I got to see Lucy's but Grace's is awesome too. Nicely done. We also like Cake Boss and I think you are well on your way to owning your own bakery.

    ReplyDelete