Sunday, May 31, 2009

Dancing Beauty


On Saturday we had one of those amazing moments. Grace has been in a dance class for the past few months. At first she wasn't sure what she thought. She talked in class and wasn't sure about the actual dancing part. As time wore on the idea of dancing really grew on her. Dance at this age is of course a relative term. However, she loved her ballet shoes and leotards which really is what makes a true dancer. Nicki and I felt it important that this be totally fun and low key since as parents we can't possibly expect her to be dedicated. Well this class had the right balance between fun and great instruction. So after months of classes the big day had arrived. The Dance Recital. I remember those days back when my sisters took Tap (please refer to the previous post - Boring). No offense to my sisters but that was about as thrilling as going to the doctor for a physical.

Time seems to change everything. I could not wait to see my beautiful daughter perform. On Friday they had a dress rehearsal and she was spectacular. Unfortunately I was not invited to this event. As the curtains lifted, I saw Grace standing on stage looking pretty. This would not be her premiere day however. With hundreds of people on the other side of the curtains a little bit of stage fright set in. She was nearly frozen in place. But no matter, she did great in my eyes. Unfortunately she will probably never live up to the quality of dance skills as her dad and uncle. When you are born with skills like those, it is hard to equal. We only hope that some of those genes have carried over. Seriously, I was a proud Dad and I wish you all could have been there to see her. She was great.


5 comments:

  1. Congrats Grace on your dance recital! It doesn't matter what you do when you look that cute in your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dancing Queen. I love the look on Grace's face. Was this taken at home or at the recital. Did you get any other pictures of her ? Did Andrew find the recital BORING?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am deeply offended that you didn't enjoy ALL the dance recitals Lisa & I did. :)

    Grace looks so gorgeous in her little dance outfit. It's amazing what we enjoy now as parents, that as kids we thought was, well, boring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to update your blog address on my google reader--I am totally slacking on reading your blog!

    Grace is the best dancer ever--we discussed that fact at Abbie's birthday party. I would love to have seen her in "action."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your perspectuve. That made the event real for me. Being a parent ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete